nth adrenals, nthadrenals, adrenal fatigue, adrenal insufficiency, natural thyroid, dessicated thyroid, natural thyroid hormone, Armour, Naturethroid, Efra, Cytomel, Cynomel, hydrocortisone, ashwagnda, licorice, rhiodola, saliva results, salivary cortisol test, florinef, ferritin, iron, reverse T3, rT3
additional links of interest
a list of other health resources we like even if we don't agree with them 100%
- National Academy of Hypothyroidism
- The National Academy of Hypothyroidism is a group of thyroidologists, headed by Kent Holtorf, M.D., who are dedicated to the promotion of scientifically sound and medically validated concepts and information pertaining to the diagnosis and treatment of hypothyroidism.
- Thyroid Disorders from Holtorf Medical Group
- Holtorf Medical Group's collection of thyroid resources - many good articles here
- The Stages of Adrenal Fatigue
- Descriptions of saliva results from the normal through stage 7 adrenal fatigue.
- Dr Rind Temperature Graphing
- A method for measuring and interpreting daily temperatures to gain insight into metabolic energy issues associated with both adrenal and thyroid function.
- steroid conversion dosing equivalencies
- convert the various pharmaceutical steroids into their hydrocortisone equivalents
- steroid cascade - what precursor steroids convert to
- a simple schematic of steroidogenesis in PDF format
- a more complex version showing the enzymes and cofactors for each reaction as well as the locations of each reaction in image format
- Cushings Help
- a knowledgeable resource, especially with regards to treating cyclical Cushings, with great forum support
blood glucose resources
- Jennifer's advice to the newly diagnosed from alt.support.diabetes
- This is the single most important page anyone could ever read about bg control. You don't need to be newly diagnosed, prediabetics or anyone who has reason to test bg should read this page.
- Blood Sugar 101: What They Don't Tell You About Diabetes
- best book on diabetes via Amazon
- Jenny's diabetes blog (author of above book)
- Jenny's blog covers both her personal experiences and research that has come out since the book was published - she is good at interpreting the research for laymen
- what is a normal blood sugar?
- discussion of what is truly normal, as opposed to so-called normal ranges
- Heartscan blog
- blog of Dr. Davis, a radical cardiologist who believes in preventing heart disease rather than treating it with surgical interventions
chronic fatigue resources
- Dr Myhill's web site
- Dr Myhill has done very interesting work on mitochondrial dysfunction
- Dr Myhill ungagged
- Dr Myhill was legally compelled to remove certain information from her web site; this is a mirror of the site before information was removed
- Celiac disease and gluten-free diet information
- Many folks with Hashi's also are gluten-intolerant; this site has a lot of information and support for going gluten-free.
- gluten-free drugs list
- list of drugs verified to be gluten-free
diet & nutrition resources
- Cooking Traditional Foods forum
- Lots of information on WAPF-style cooking and eating, as well as GAPS, gluten-free and other restrictive diets for folks with food intolerances, recipes for kefir, kombucha, etc.
- Low Carb Friends
- Forum for those living a low-carb lifestyle. While most folks are low-carbing for weight loss rather than adrenal health or blood glucose control, there is much useful information. Also a lot of garbage, you have to sort through to find the gems.
- recipes from alt.support.diet.low-carb
- large collection of recipes from the dead simple to the extravagant
- Nutrition Data
- Look up nutritional information for many foods from the USDA database, keep running totals of your daily intake, calculate nutritional information for your recipes.
- Vitamin D council
- Vitamin D deficiency is one of the most common causes of chronic fatigue and pain - if your optimized on HC and thyroid and still sick, get your D level checked!
- Local Harvest
- find local sources of organic fruits and vegetables, farmer's markets, CSAs, etc.
- Eat Wild
- find local sources of pasture-raised meat, eggs and dairy
- A Campaign for Real Milk
- find local sources of raw milk
- Nutrition for Blokes
- wonderful and entertaining book on nutrition for those who are not kitchen-oriented
- Jackie's typical meals
- breakfast, main protein dishes, side dishes and miscellaneous - with carb and protein counts
If you'd like one-on-one assistance from the owner of the Adrenals Web group, you may call her through Ingenio by clicking the button below.